Please scroll down or click below on the types of resources for more information:
- Contra Costa Crisis Center's searchable 211 database is a comprehensive, up-to-date database of local health and social service
- Help in Hard Times (English, Spanish)
- Low Cost Medical Resources (English, Spanish)
- The Central Contra Costa County Resource Guide (English, Spanish)
- Tenant/ Landlord Counseling. Eden Council for Hope and Opportunity (ECHO) Housing provides Rental Counseling and Conciliation for renters and housing providers in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties on evictions, repairs, and rent increases. Call 1-855-ASK-ECHO.
- Fair Housing Services. Eden Council for Hope and Opportunity (ECHO) Housing provides counseling and investigation of complaints of illegal housing discrimination for renters in Alameda and Contra Costa County. Call 1-855-ASK-ECHO.
- Pre-purchase Counseling and Homeownership Classes. Homebuyer education classes to potential
homebuyers living in Contra Costa County. If you're thinking about purchasing a home, but don't know where to start, call John Lucero at 925-583-5992.
- Affordable Housing Resources. East Bay Housing Organizations provides affordable housing resources. Please see brochure for more information.
- Home Mortgage Lender Resource. Consumer Affairs provides a guide and list of mortgage lenders for homebuyers.
The following list includes housing counseling agencies in the bay area that have either been approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), or have HUD approved housing counselors providing services. Services are provided free or at low cost. Services include: homebuyer education programs, pre-purchase counseling, post-purchase counseling, predatory lending education, loss mitigation, credit counseling, money-debt management, renters assistance, home equity conversion mortgage counseling, mortgage delinquency and default resolution counseling, and foreclosure prevention.
Completion of a first time homebuyer education course from a HUD approved housing counseling agency or counselor satisfies the homebuyer education requirement for the City's First Time Homebuyer Assistance Program and Below Market Rate Homeownership Program.
Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center (located in Livermore)
Project Sentinel (located in Fremont)
Phone: 888-331-3332; 510-574-2270
Eden Counseling for Hope and Opportunity (ECHO) (located in Hayward and Livermore)
Phone: 925-449-7340 (Livermore); 510-581-9380 (Hayward)
Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) (located in Oakland)
Mission Economic Development Association (MEDA) (located in San Francisco)
Phone: 415-282-3334 x14
San Francisco Housing Development Corporation (located in San Francisco)
Phone: 415-822-1022 x112
- The Walnut Creek Police Department's webpage has information on how the police work to address homelessness and resources for businesses, property owners, and residents interested in solutions to homelessness.
- Trinity Center is a non-residential program serving homeless and working poor adult men and women in Walnut Creek and Central Contra Costa County.
Address: 1271 S. California Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596.
Hours of Operation: M-F 8am- 5pm
- Shelter, Inc. Provides homeless prevention services to Contra Costa residents. Services include rental assistance, case management, and housing counseling.
Prevention and Homeless Services Phone: 925-338-1038
General Inquiries Phone: 925-335-0698
- Contra Costa Crisis Center Homeless Hotline: 1-800-808-6444
- Contra Costa Council on Homelessness. Loosing your housing? Provides assistance with showers, food, laundry, benefits enrollment, substance use disorder services and screening and referrals for housing and utility assistance (English/ Spanish Flyer)
- California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA)
- CalVet Home Loans
- Contra Costa County Mortgage Credit Certificates Program
- CalVet Housing
- Contra Costa Association of Realtors
- Contra Costa Housing Authority (Section 8)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Rossmoor Realty