Evening Series: Spring 2017
6:30-9:30 p.m. Wed., April 5 - May 17
Final drill: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Sat., May20
Location: City Hall 3rd Floor Conference Room plus locations listed in schedule below
CERT Class Schedule - ** updated 2017-04-22 with new location for graduation drill**
Pre-registration for classes is REQUIRED for new students.
No registration required for returning students who need to make up classes or for CERTs who want to audit classes.Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that there is a $25 CERT program fee payable the first day of class. CERT Graduates are sworn in as Disaster Service Worker Volunteers for the City of Walnut Creek. Unfortunately, due to limited resources, Walnut Creek CERT classes are open only to those who live or work in either incorporated or unincorporated Walnut Creek (does not apply in the case of a student from another city making up a missed class). Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Need to make up a missed class?
You can go to any city's CERT program to make up a class.
NOTE: If you are making up a class, please call (925) 256-3556 at the start of the CERT Session to verify the order of class topics.
Continuing Education - Disaster Medical Operations Hands On Class
10:00 AM - 2 PM on Saturday November 18, 2017
Location: Hillside Club House at Rossmoor in the Diablo Room
Class is open to all CERTs and also to students who took Units 3 & 4 Med Ops basic training classes in 2016 or 2017.
Pre-registration is REQUIRED to assure adequate trainers and supplies for class. Registration will open on September 1st.
Upcoming CERT classes and events thru the end of 2017:
- May 20th - CERT graduation drill hosted by Heather Farm CERT
- June 10th, Saturday - Spring "HAM CRAM” FCC radio licensing class, 0800-1630 hrs. Sign-up at: https://sites.google.com/site/wccerthams
- June 14th, Wednesday evening - "GET-ON-THE-AIR” radio training class #1
- July 12th, Wednesday evening - "GET-ON-THE AIR” HAM radio training #2
- August 27th (likely date) - Light Up the City - Comms drill
- canceled - Fall CERT Basic training classes
- October 28th - Fall city-wide drill
- November 18th, Saturday - Disaster Medical Hands On class - continuing education , 1000-1400 hrs.in Diablo Room in the Hillside Club House at Rossmoor. Class is open to all CERTs and also to students who took Units 3 & 4 Med Ops basic training classes in 2016 or 2017.
- Spring 2018 CERT Basic Training classes on Tuesday evenings - April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22 - at ConFire training facility on Treat Blvd (near Trader Joe's)
- Spring 2018 CERT graduation drill, Saturday June 9th
- Fall 2018 CERT Basic Training classes on Tuesday evenings - September 4, 11, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23 - at ConFire training facility on Treat Blvd (near Trader Joe's)
- Fall 2018 CERT graduation drill, Saturday October 27th