The Communications & Outreach program is located within the City Manager's Office. Services provided include:
- In a Nutshell - The official City of Walnut Creek newsletter is published and mailed to all residents and businesses in Walnut Creek four times a year: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. It has information on City services, programs, and activities as well as features on places in the community. (For past Nutshells,click here.)
- Citizens Institute -- An 8-session program designed to build community by teaching citizens how their city works through interactive exercises, tours of city facilities, presentations by City Council members and staff, and discussions among participants.
- City website oversight
- Media relations - Members of the media are welcome to call 925-943-5895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press releases - Press releases are posted on the City website
- Social media - The City has a strong interest in connecting with citizens via social media, and has a social media policy in place. For details, visit the Social Media page.
- Walnut Creek TV - Walnut Creek TV is the City's government access channel. In addition to promoting transparent government by airing all City Council and most City Commission meetings, Walnut Creek TV highlights the programs and people of Walnut Creek.